Mortgage Refinance Guide
From reviewing when it makes sense for you to refinance your existing mortgage to selecting the lender and refinancing proposal that is right for you, the FREEandCLEAR Mortgage Refinance Guide walks you through the refinance process step-by-step. Our refinance guide features information and tools that enable you to decide if you should refinance and to achieve the best terms on your new mortgage if you do. To get started, click "START SECTION" or click on a specific topic in the topic menu below. The FREEandCLEAR Mortgage Refinance Guide is interactive, allowing you to navigate from start to finish or skip ahead to a specific topic - simply click on the "Navigate Section" button at the top of any page to reveal the topic menu. We also offer a printer friendly version of our Mortgage Refinance Guide.
- When Should You Refinance?
- Refinance to Lower Your Interest Rate
- Refinance to Reduce Your Mortgage Term
- Refinance to Change Your Mortgage Program
- Refinance to Consolidate Debt
- Considering Total Interest Expense for a Debt Consolidation Refinance
- Cash-Out Refinance
- Cash-Out Refinance Compared to a Separate Loan
- Mortgage Refinance Compared to a Home Equity Loan
- How to Combine a Refinance with Mortgage Acceleration
- Lender & Mortgage Refinance Selection
- Refinance Mortgage Lender Options
- Get Pre-Approved for Your Refinancing
- Mortgage Application Overview
- How to Use the Loan Estimate (LE) for a Refinance
- How to Compare Mortgage Refinance Proposals
- Understanding "No Cost" Refinancings
- What Mortgage Program is Right for Me?
- Should You Pay Discount Points?
- Should You Lock Your Rate When You Refinance?